What does it look like to connect with the church during pandemic?
I keep hearing that being adaptable is the key to surviving and thriving during pandemic. Burdens and stress, weighty decisions, overloads at work and home and a profound sense of being disconnected from life-giving community seem all too common right now. Many of us recognize that we just do not have the bandwidth “to do” much more while others of us find ourselves truly needing some soul care and community. We have thought creatively with some of you about how to address this for our congregation. We do have several small groups that are beginning and have space for new people, below. Here is a snapshot of what is happening in the areas of spiritual formation and community care in our congregation, and there is room for you.
Christ in Creation
- Class website and syllabus
- Led by Josh King on Zoom
- 10:45 Sunday mornings, beginning September 6
Women’s Bible Study
- Discussion on the book and the parable: The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
- Led by Tiffani Harris on Zoom,
- Tuesdays at noon, Beginning September 15
Men’s Bible Study
- Discussion and study about 2 Corinthians
- Led by Eric Howell on Zoom
- Tuesday mornings at 9 am, beginning September 15
- Weekly discussion about the lectionary passages of the week
- Led by Steve Orr on Zoom
- Friday mornings at 8am
Spiritual Direction Group
- Led by Carroll Crowson on Zoom
- 1st and 3rd Wednesdays each month, at 6pm
New Life Together Group
- Reading and discussing together Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman.
- Every other Sunday evening outside at DaySpring.
- Contact Jonathan Pinto for more information
Undergrad Small Group
- Led by Laura Robertson
- Friday afternoons 4:15 in person outside at DaySpring
- Contact Tiffani or Laura for more information